She is currently undeclared. Closing Plenary | The Case for Optimism. Not only is she also a Cardinal like Wu, but she is following in Joseph’s footsteps. She and her peers have been operating under a $50 million budget since the initiative started. According to the news release, the substantial gift would help build a new athletic center and dining facility “as a way to further promote and strengthen community.”. Ms. Wu Tsai holds a B.A. Meet the Milken Institute leadership team, Find out more about sponsorship and engagement opportunities, Extends the reach and impact of the Milken Institute to the Asia-Pacific region, Conducts research and constructs programs designed to facilitate smooth and efficient operation of financial markets, Promotes healthy, productive, and purposeful aging, Advocates for sustainable solutions that lead to better health for individuals and communities, Analyzes the dynamics that drive job creation and promote industry expansion, Empowers philanthropists to effectively address some of the world's most urgent problems, Clears roadblocks that prevent medical breakthroughs from reaching patients sooner, Anyone with a dream should have the opportunity to make it come true—through determination and an economic system that works for all, Explore content created by our subject matter experts, Watch thought-provoking sessions from our events, Read articles from our subject matter experts, 4:00 PM ET
He is also the co-founder and executive vice-chairman of Chinese internet giant Alibaba Group. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. This week, Meek Mill, Jay-Z, Patriots owner Robert Kraft, 76ers co-owner Michael Rubin, Nets co-owner Clara Wu Tsai, and more launched the Reform Alliance. Clara Wu is the wife of new Brooklyn Nets governor Joseph Tsai. According to Geek Wire, she has served on the board of directors for the University of Washington’s Institute for Protein Design. Her husband owned 49 percent of the NBA franchise until he purchased the remaining 51 percent on Friday from Mikhail Prokhorov. The wedding announcement states that she was 30 at the time, placing her birth year somewhere in between 1965 and 1966. He also now owns the Barclays Center, where the Nets play home games. » Clara Wu Tsai#GoStanford pic.twitter.com/yKDBlklbcv, — Stanford Football (@StanfordFball) October 28, 2018. He played lacrosse at Yale in the 1980s. Moreover, Clara, studied international relations at Stanford University and holds an MBA degree from Harvard Business School. She also served as an executive at Taobao, China’s largest online shopping site. “Joe and I believe Stanford is uniquely positioned to drive breakthrough discoveries about the brain, translate them into effective therapies, and train future scientists of the world,” Wu said to Stanford News. The article provides further information on her educational and family background. “Over the years I’ve come to learn it’s very difficult to move the needle on economic mobility, particularly in urban areas like Brooklyn, without also addressing the problems latent within our criminal justice system.”. She graduated from Stanford University, from which she also received a master’s degree in international relations, and received an M.B.A. from Harvard University. Ms. Wu Tsai and her husband are the owners of the NBA Brooklyn Nets, the WNBA New York Liberty, and the NLL San Diego Seals. Here's what you need to know about her and her philanthropic efforts. Meet Mrs. Clara Wu Tsai; she is the Brooklyn Nets‘ New First Lady, her husband Joseph Tsai, Co-founder of e-commerce Alibaba acquire 51% of the team for $2.35 billion. Mr. Tsai previously purchased 49% of the team for $1 billion in October 2017, from Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov. Wu worked in finance prior to meeting Tsai. The family has split time between Hong Kong and San Diego before Joseph’s involvement with the Nets in Brooklyn. 53-year-old Clara was the senior manager in the business analysis unit of the finance group at American Express Travel Related Services in New York; she is nowadays an advisor for Taobao. in International Policy Studies from Stanford University, and a M.B.A. from Harvard University.